What is it?
Simply put front end is the visual part of the web such as the navigation, buttons, link etc. Front-end web development focuses the look, feel and ultimately design of a website. Front-end developers take a design and develop it into a website that works!
CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets, indicate which HTML tags to style and tell what the design of the website. It is another language used to change the appearance of each HTML tag. Using CSS properly often requires constructing a design system, where all elements have consistent styling. You can do very sophisticated visuals, animations and layouts using modern CSS.
What else do Front End Developers do?
While they do design and code the visual aspect of a website, in additional, they perform other tasks as well:
- ●tailor the user experience;
- ●modify and maintain web application interfaces;
- ●implement responsive design for mobile sites;
- ●look after the software workflow;
- ●consult on SEO best practices;
- ●and lastly, test the site during development for usability and fix any bugs.
Annie Phan is a computer science graduate from Kwantlen Polytechnic University where she has studied setting networks in businesses; computer hardware and architecture; web servers and code. Presently... more about Annie Phan